- Community is expanding (Kaliya references Homesteading the Noosphere)
- Facilitating communication in this broader community - especially in communications between the core team and users.
- Open Space Technology as process to help this process (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Space_Technology)
Other threads of discussion
- Where is the value in standard conferences?
- People noted that early on, they followed the standard tracks in conferences and then later found that the value was in meeting people (aka “The Hallway Track”
- How can you capture the result of face to face meetings?
- Have expert meeting documentors and facilitators
- Record and then clean up afterwards
- People documenting meetings shouldn’t be afraid to ask for clarification
- It is great to know what processes various groups engage in - that really helps us innovate as a group
- How can we get more of these?
- How can we balance formality vs. improvization?
- Don’t be afraid to break stuff
- Don’t be afraid to start a bit faster, sloppier, etc.
- How do we communicate better with people?
- How can we enable better communication between the FLOSS community and the public?
- How does this matter?
- How the hell can we sum up this discussion? Sounds like a good topic to work on tomorrow?
A neat alternate term by Julian